- Is it intimidation of the Council persons that want Pfiefer's and the City Attorney's resignation? Possibly...but my money's on pressuring Eric Smith into supporting the addendum and punishing the Council persons for opposing the City Manager, City Attorney and Mayor
- Conflict of interest? Who's interest? The public interest?
- Inappropriate communications? By whom? How? When?
- Code of Ethics violations? That's a stretch if Little Toddie is involved either directly or indirectly in this.
- What's the worst that can happen? Someone be censured? Somehow I doubt it
- How can this addendum actually be part of the meeting agenda if it was posted after working hours? That's splitting nose hairs but a point (very miniscule in my opinion) of order.
I have a good working knowledge of rules of order so I'm going to keep my fingers off the keys and see for myself if it plays out like I think it will.
Anyone want to start a pool? Will Phiefer and the City Attorney go or stay? I'll put even money on them being terminated on Tuesday. This amended agenda item is smoke without fire IMHO.
It definitely will be fun on Tuesday. Bring your personal recorders and let's compare notes when the dust settles. See you there! Told 'ya to put your seatbelts on, tray tables in their upright position, we're hittin' some rough air! Here ya' go...
ADDENDUM TO SPECIAL MEETING
TUESDAY, JUNE 19, 2007, 7:00 P.M.
RED OAK CITY COUNCIL
Addendum to Special Meeting of the Red Oak City Council to be held on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 7:00 P.M., in the Council Chambers of the Red Oak Municipal Center, 200 Lakeview Parkway, Red Oak, Texas.
The following item is added to Open Session.
III. COUNCIL BUSINESS - OPEN SESSION
C. Discussion of violations concerning the Open Meetings Act, Code of Ethics, investigative powers, conflict of interest, inappropriate communications and consideration of approving any action as a result .
Posted in accordance with the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, on the 16th day of June, 2007 at 4:45 P.M.
Judy Grant, City Secretary
ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENTThe City Hall is wheelchair accessible. The entry ramp is located in front of the building. Accessible parking spaces are also available in that area. If you have a disability and need more information, call (972) 617-3638.