Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where's the Disconnect?

I received this answer to my questions to the other candidate. (THANKS for the response) There seems to be a HUGE disconnect between what TAGG was purported to have done, the Ellis County Observer posting, and the other candidate's response. I'm still a little altruistic as an old teacher and tend to see the good in people. I'm believing the other candidate on this one until I hear differently from both TAGG (doubtful) and Joey Dauben (semi-doubtful).

"found out yesterday (10/15/07) that I had been endorsed by TAGG. The Red Oak Record received my answers to their questions a week earlier on Monday October 8, 2007 (I pasted the dated and time stamped header from the email that I sent to Melanie at the Red Oak Record below). To my knowledge, I don't know anyone involved with TAGG, nor have I been contacted by anyone from TAGG. What I can tell you is that I have read their web site and will do my best to attend the next meeting so I can see for myself the good that TAGG does in our community.

Thanks again for your questions. Just to let you know, I will be posting this on my website later today. If you have any objections, please contact me as soon as possible.


Dan Hodson
www.danhodsonformayor.com

-----Original Message-----From: Dan Hodson Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 11:38 AMTo: 'melanie.rorecord@yahoo.com'Subject: Answers for News Article
Melanie,
Please respond so that I know you received my answers.
Talk to you soon,

Dan Hodson"

Today is Election Day! Your Vote Counts! Vote Alan Hugley For Mayor and KNOW that he's endorsed by ALL 5 members of the Red Oak City Council. He'll bring Red Oak Together!

1 comment:

Admin said...

Thanks for posting this Steve. I can tell you, since I'm the assistant treasurer for TAGG (basically that means I file the PAC paperwork), that (a) I didn't get a vote even though I could have and (b) candidates do not know who we will endorse until the endorsements are published.

I apologize for all of the confusion and conspiracy-mongering this has caused the three campaigns, but in all actuality, Dan Hodson was never notified by anyone from TAGG -- it's usually a sealed deal until the final decision is made.

And allow me to also state that TAGG has only endorsed local candidates rarely -- one of those being me in 2003 (Midlothian school board).